Riding a dirt bike is great, but why should only the grown-ups have all the fun? Let’s be honest, you really wanted to ride all those great dirt bikes when you were young!
I think back to the times when I was younger, and as I looked at those great bikes I had a deep longing to own one of them. But back then, you would just get regular bikes for the teenagers. These days however, the youngsters can have a great time with dirt bikes too.
There are plenty of awesome and stylish electric dirt bikes for kids and teenagers to be found in the market these days, and children are craving them.
Trust me, nothing is better as a gift for your child than an amazing electric dirt bike. The sense of freedom and excitement it will endow upon the young person is tremendous.
Be that as it may, choosing the ideal electric dirt bike may seem a bit overwhelming, particularly when the market is loaded with bikes of inferior quality. It’s not just about the best looking model of e-dirt bike or the one that can go the fastest.
When choosing an electric dirt bike your teenager, it’s worth remembering that kids of that age tend to be very adventurous and perhaps not overly safety-minded. Bearing this in mind, we strongly recommend that you ensure the teen has the correct safety gear such as helmet, gloves and protective padding.
Even though the electric dirt bikes that we list below generally travel at much slower speeds than their “grown-up” models, and tend to be a lot lighter also, it’s better to err on the side of caution in our opinion.
What is an Electric Dirt Bike?
An electric dirt bike is a lightweight and easily manageable battery-powered off-road motorbike. Like traditional petrol dirt bikes, it also has four main types that cater to various fields and purposes including trail electric dirt bikes, motocross e-dirt bikes, dual-sport, and e-pit bikes.
Below, we will list some of the electric dirt bikes that we think would be a good choice for a teenager or young person wanting to dip their toes in to the world of electric motorbikes.
Best Electric Dirt Bikes For Kids / Teenagers
1. Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket Electric Bike
- Super quiet, single speed, chain driven motor
- High torque motor
- Large, knobby tires
- Speeds up to 12 miles per hour
- Twist grip throttle control
- Adjustable riser handlebars
- Hand operated rear brake
- 350 watt electrical motor
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid battery
- Battery charge time: 12 hours
- Up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- UL approved charger
- Assembled Dimensions: 44 x 24.5 x 31 inches
- Weight: 70.25 pounds
- Weight Limit: 140 pounds
- 30 minutes ride time on single charge
- Great starter bike for kids
- Bike is quite small, probably not suitable for older teens
- No speed control / gear shift
2. Razor Electric Street Bike
Features of this Electric Motorcycle
- Powered by a high-torque, chain-driven motor on a steel trellis-frame Chassis design and street geometry with low profile Windscreen
- Features custom 10 inch 3-spoke mag wheels and street tires, rear suspension, Variable speed twist-grip throttle, and hand-operated rear disc brakes
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead acid rechargeable battery with quick-change compartment and up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Ages: 16 and up | Max weight 140 lbs | Max speed: 14 mph
- Assembled Dimensions: 43.7 x 22.8 x 29.5 Inches
- Also, includes adjustable angle riser style handlebars, soft rubber grips, retractable kickstand, folding foot pegs, and hidden storage compartment
- Excellent starter electric dirt bike for teenagers
- 8 mile range on single charge
- 35 minute battery life
- Not a huge bike, more suitable for younger teens.
Alternative to Electric Dirt Bike
If you’re looking for an alternative to an electric dirt bike, you could consider looking at a fat tire electric mountain bike. It may be the case that you don’t feel confident with one of your kids using a dirt bike and would prefer to go with the slightly more traditional option of the electric mountain bike.
Fat Thick TIRE Electric Mountain Electric Bike
Interesting Features of Best Electric Bike for Teenagers
- 1000w 17.5Ah Fat Tire Electric Mountain Bike 48v 31+ MPH 65 Mile Range. Most Powerful Fat Tire Ebike of 2020.21 Speed. Hydraulic Suspension. 1-Year Warranty. Waterproof, Snowproof, Lifeproof. Wear Resistant, Puncture Resistant Super Thick Fat Tires. LED Headlight. LCD Display.
- Rear Rack and Fenders included. 48V 1000W high-speed rear brushless Bafang motor. 17.5Ah Battery long-lasting removable lithium battery. Excellent quality aluminum alloy frame, hydraulic suspension front fork, and wear-resistant super thick puncture-resistant fat tires. Sensitive disc brakes.
- What’s the difference between 10ah batteries and 17.5ah batteries? It would be equivalent to having a larger gas tank, you would get a longer running time before having to refill it, or in the case of the battery, recharge it. The 17.5Ah would give you almost twice the run time as the 10Ah.\
- Charge time: 4 hours. Max load: 350 lbs. Torque: 100 n.m. Removal Lithium Battery. Gear and transmission system. Super comfortable seat.
Can I ride an e-bike in the rain?
Yes. Electric bikes come waterproofed right from the factory to ride in the rain. However, water can still damage the battery if it is submerged. Also, high water pressure can allow water to get into the circuit inside the battery causing problems. Like a normal bike, water is ok but should be avoided if you can. Water never “helps’.
How fast can I ride an electric dirt bike?
Most electric dirt bikes have a top tested speed of 18 to 28 mph. It will depend on the system. Above the high speed intended for the cycle the motor will shut off. But, if you have the strength or if you are going downhill you can go as fast as you can pedal.
How far can I go on one full charge?
Electric bike range varies from 15 to 60 miles by model to model. How far you go on a single charge will also depend on your weight, the weight of your cargo, the steepness of hills and wind. How much you put efforts and which power setting / mode you use while riding also affect range.
How much does it cost to manage an electric bike?
Based on the price of electric, it typically costs 6 to 14 cents a mile to charge and maintain. Compare that with a car!
Will a conventional bike keep me in better shape?
Yes — but only if you use it as much as the electric bike. Many e-bike users find that the electric’s benefit on mountains and into wind eliminates their fear of riding and gets them out on the bike when they otherwise might not get onto it. Some are more fit because they ride more often.
We hope these tips help you understand electric bicycles more. Please scroll over our website for more information about the electric bicycles we promote. We can point out differences, answer questions, and demonstrate the features and benefits that are making these green vehicles the latest personal mobility craze. Join the revolution and Energize your ride!