What Are Electric Skateboards?
Electric skateboards these days are growing in popularity, along with other small electric modes of transport such as electric scooters. With governments around the world now also promoting a more eco-friendly, approach, the popularity of these electric vehicles will continue to grow.
Even though learning to ride them can be a bit trickier to master than an electric bike or scooter, they are just as environmentally friendly and are also much more lightweight and portable also. While they may be similar in size to electric hover boards, they can generally hit very high higher speed in very less time.
In this article, we will be providing some general information about what to look for in a good electric Skateboard, the different types, and their pros and cons, etc.
Finally, we’ll review some of the most popular electric board brands available in the market, to allow you to make a more informed choice on which one to buy.
SKATEBOARDS AND LONGBOARDS – IS THERE A DIFFERENCE?
No, not all electric skateboards for heavy riders are long boards. Sometimes you hear of certain skateboard models being similar to a longboard, the length and size of the board can make a big difference in terms of the riding experience and where you might want to ride it. Also, of course, it’s not made for riding in an off-road environment.
An electric longboard is usually one that has a stand plate over 35 inches in length, and they are also usually at least a couple of inches or in some cases 3 inches wider than a traditional skateboard.
This additional length and width mean that they usually offer a more stable, balanced and easy to ride. It makes them better suited to beginner riders. It also means they work better for taller and heavy riders and those with larger shoe sizes, as the deck is bigger for them to balance on. They are more thin and more aerodynamic than a traditional skateboard. Instead of having curved up tail ends, they just become narrower.
The curved electric skateboard for heavy riders ends of a traditional skateboard make them better for doing tricks and jumps and kicking them up.
The bigger and wider wheels that are usually found on a long skateboard also contribute to a smoother, more comfortable riding experience.
The smaller wheels on a traditional skateboard help to make it more easily, and they work better when performing stunts. Traditional skateboards, as well as being better for jumps and stunts, tend to be a bit lighter and easier to port than the bulkier and unwieldy longboard models.
Here is our list of top 5 electric skateboards for heavy people
1. RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard
- Powered by a 125-watt motor, providing lithium-ion-powered electric skateboarding action at speeds up to 10 mph for up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- 29.7 inch (754 mm) deck length and high quality 5-ply Maple deck deliver a lightweight, responsive ride perfect for cruising
- Includes a wireless (2.4 Ghz) remote with wrist strap (replaceable) for variable-speed control of the electrifying carve-and-turn action
- Features high-grip urethane wheels and custom reverse kingpin trucks for enhanced stability, perforated grip tape and Geared, rear-wheel drive
- Recommended for ages 9 and older and will support a rider up to 220 pounds
Compared with the big, expensive brands like Evolve and Boosted, this offers great value for money. It has a powerful motor, high top speed capabilities, and it can handle being ridden in wet weather conditions too.
Highly recommended and super fun.
2. Teamgee H5 37″ Electric Skateboard
This skateboard is simply superb! It features a 15mm ultra-thin deck and weighs 14.6 lbs (6.6kg) and all round, you’re looking at a best electric skateboards for heavy riders. This skateboard is one of the first to use a drop-through deck on an electric skateboard and its deck is 15-20mm lower to the ground than most other electric skateboards, which enables a more stable and good riding experience. The concave deck makes turning easy, effortless and comfortable. The soft bushing makes the board super adjustable when it comes to making sharp turns.
Features of the Teamgee H5 E-Skateboard:
- 0.47 inches E-Skateboard
- 760W Dual Motor
- 90mm Replacable Wheels
- 11 Mile Range
- 2 Hours Charge Time
- 22MPH In Fastest Mode
- 25% Climbing Hill
- Charging Downhill
3. BLITZART Tornado 38″ Electric Longboard
Features Of This Electric Skateboard
- Range and Speed – A top speed of up to 19 MPH and a range of 6-10 miles, and equipped with a secured 36V, 4.0AH and 144Wh Lithium-Ion battery which can be fully charged within 3 hours.
- 2020 New Released Wireless Remote – Easy to hold wireless remote that controls acceleration and deceleration with reverse capability. Two speed modes to beginners and advanced riders. Hold function to assist getting on and off the board. Remote control is a thing which you can recharge it and it also comes with wrist strap.
- Maple Wood + Bamboo Deck& Premium Grip Tape – The 7-ply maple wood deck sandwiched between 2 layers of bamboo on the top and bottom of the board giving it more flexibility and rigidness. The deck is attached with grip tape and is built to keep the rider’s feet firmly in certain place and on the board. Supports up a max weight of 300 lb.
- 350W Brushless Hub Motor – Hub motors are more reliable and less problematic. Our hub motors give the board an extremely good appearance to the overall design. Hub motors are much silent than belt-driven motors. More importantly, the hub motor’s board can be ridden like a regular board with or without battery.
4. Gyroor Hoverboard Warrior 8.5 inch
Gyroor is a company that manufactures electric hoverboards (a kind of electric skateboard). They focus on manufacturing quality products in the electric vehicle field.
Why This is a best fit for you?
- SUPER SOLID & DURABLE – This 8.5 inch longboard Off Road Hoverboard is made from a perfect combination of government approved materials which make up its solid structure that guarantees durability while keeping you safe during its rides and allowing you enjoy this skateboard for years to come.
- ALL-TERRAIN RIDES – With 8.5 inch solid tires and 700 watts motor you can be sure of a smooth and easier ride on all terrains. So, feel free to ride on grass, dirt, gravel or wet surfaces. Ride like a warrior!
- MUSIC SPEAKER INCLUDED – For the music lovers, we have added a Built-in branded high quality music speaker to allow you play your music when riding the hoverboard. No ride will be more fun than this!
- SELF BALANCING BOARD – The Self balancing technology used for this hoverboard makes it easier and safe for new riders. Master the art of balancing in minutes!
5. VIRO Rides Turn Style Electric Drift Board Electronic Skateboard with Hand Speed Controls
Unique Features about this skateboard
- Unique drift plate design lets riders drift up to 36 degrees in either direction while they ride on this skateboard.
- Speed up to 10 mph with a 6 mile range Using the thumb-activated wireless speed controller with electronic braking.
- Control the angle and radius of your turns and skits with four different drift modes
- Powerful brushless hub motor and 22V rechargeable battery
- Durable design featuring polyurethane wheels and a full non-slip grip tape deck
Why this is a best fit for you ?
- If you love to do drifting and skateboard stunts.
- If you want smooth rides with this skateboard
- If you have a limited budget
- If you want electric skateboard with benefits.
If all the above point satisfies you, then I must recommend to buy this.
What To Look for When Buying an Electric Skateboard
The main thing to consider here is the motor of the skateboard. If you are buying the electric skateboard for heavy riders. Because for a heavy person you need to put a good motor which can survive the weight of that heavy man.
Speed, range and Charge time of long board
Speed, range, and charge times are probably the three specifications that most people know to check, it’s surprising how many companies provide ranges for these specifications, you have to look to all the three things before purchasing the skateboard.
Deck Style and Materials
With electric skateboard you will find decks made of two materials: bamboo or carbon fiber. While many electric skateboards also use a mix of the two materials, many big companies usually go with one material or the other.
The most important thing. You are here to read this article because you are interested in buying electric skateboard for heavy riders. So, I may tell you, the weight carrying capacity is most important factor. Consider seeing the max. Weight carrying capacity of each skateboard.